Please note: Duties and responsibilities of Vice Presidents are liable to change. Remain aware of these changes when submitting your application. Any further questions can be directed to the CIO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President External
- To represent COUHR in full effect, predominantly directed towards public relations in terms of advocacy and communication of mission, policies and events to national and regional and other external agencies;
- Act as a liaison between research, administration or other relevant organizations in order to achieve goals set by the President and regional chairs;
- Develop and foster relationships with external organizations, such as but not limited to: research institutions, undergraduate journals and media agencies, to establish the organization in the region;
- Manage and supervise Vice Presidents and other executives in relevant committees and oversee day-to-day operations of the organization.
Vice President Internal
- Act as the managing executive for all affairs relating to the regional branch of the organization, including duties such as meeting coordination, agenda setting and execution, attendance and recording of minutes;
- Ensure that all committees have adequate volunteer and member support to achieve set goals and benchmarks within the organization;
- Communicate with the regional chair and President to recruit, manage and train volunteer or associate team members if necessary;
- To contribute in transition activities between former and succeeding executives, including the submission of a detailed and comprehensive exit report before the end of the year.
Vice President of Marketing
- Directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and develop the organizations with the goal to advance the organization's position and brand in the region;
- Responsible for varied and integrated communications products and services including: web, e-news, and other online communications; media and public relations; and marketing;
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization;
- Maintain frequent contact with national chairs and other affiliate organizations on a variety of current projects and topics relevant to the organization;
- Work with VP Events to develop and establish booths from organizations in relation to the hosted Career and Activities Fair;
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects.
Vice President of Student Affairs
- Responsible for initiating conversations with Principal Investigators (PIs) that have been contacted, and further maintaining the relationship with regards to providing necessary support and information;
- Development and maintenance of a comprehensive database of PIs with matched students, which is constantly updated and revised;
- Promotes positive student relations by maintaining effective communication with students and advocating for the non-academic, extra-curricular, and co-curricular needs of those students.
- Predominantly responsible for initiating conversations with Principal Investigators (PIs) and presenting the COUHR mission, objectives and method of execution;
- Connect with and establish partnerships with university-based and external research institutes;
- Facilitate Principal Investigator contacting strategies alongside COUHR regional teams;
- Manage the execution of the COUHR Summer Research program by planning application strategies and student-researcher pairing;
- Partake Committee meetings and diligently track progress and assess potential issues associated with institution-specific communications.
Vice President of Sponsorships
Automatic placement on National Sponsorship and Studentship Board
- Obtain local-level sponsorships with relevant external and internal (University affiliated) organizations for regional events such as workshops and research symposiums;
- Ensure adequate planning, organization, smooth execution and assessment of fundraising events, including the management of team members;
- Contact sponsors, donors and other contributors regularly, maintaining a thriving and supportive relationship between partners and the organization;
- Allocate responsibilities to volunteers and associate team members and ensure that financial benchmarks are met and constantly reviewed;
- Co-operate with VP Finance to develop a report of necessary funds and revise as appropriate;
Vice President of Finance and Operations
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to financial reporting and monitoring and analyze monthly operating results against established budget;
- Maintain an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures;
- Plan, coordinate and execute established budget within regional and national constraints;
- Establish and monitor executives performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, follow objectives and establish team priorities;
- Oversee development of all print communications including the annual report, marketing materials and electronic communications including website and new media, manage relationships with associated partners.
Vice President of Special Events
- Responsible for the execution and logistics of all events run by COUHR;
- Coordinate and organize additional duties such as event plans, hiring transportation, printing promotional materials, selling event tickets, making marketing plans, event promotion, etc.;
- Negotiates and manages all venues, consultants and vendors to secure rates that fall into budget accomodations;
- Develops content for event correspondence, collateral materials, social media and web to ensure coverage of programs such as symposiums, workshops and student successes, public announcements and other projects;
- Oversees the post-event coordination including but not limited to debrief meetings, recognition to key constituents and financial reporting.